Thursday 29 November 2012

Creole Christmas Cake ... YUM !!

So this year I decided ... it is my first Christmas in my new home, my first Christmas ever in my own home; I am going to do this properly!


Christmas pudding, Christmas cake, Mince pies, Home-made Stuffing Terrine to go with the Turkey and roast potatoes and roast parsnips and brussel sprouts and yorshires and gravy and all the other masses of gorgeousness that we shove on our plates on Christmas day !! :) 

Home-made of course ... well I'm going to try ... I'm doing dinner for 7 people so it's probably going to be half and half ... shop bought some bits ... the Christmas pudding is one of those things ... I'd love to attempt my own ... maybe next year ... I don't know ... but there is too much going on this year to be able to do that too! 

What I am making home-made is the Christmas cake! 
I am following Delia this year. 

I stumbled upon this wonderful recipe at my friend Evelyn's house in France. She was my English neighbour and we became good friends. She absolutely swore by it. And me vary wary of traditional Christmas cake tried it and was won over instantly! This is how much her and her husband like this cake ... they make it in April and she makes about 8 and stores them wrapped up in the cellar. They eat them all throughout the year now! 


I'm not quite that bad and I followed Delia's recipe closely which was no feeding and said only make it a month before. 

Here's the link for Delia's recipe ... mix it up this Christmas ... try Creole instead of traditional ... It's moist and lighter and totally transforms the traditional heavy stodgy in your face insane bitter flavour of the traditional! 



Try it and let me know what you think !! 

Mine is baked and stored away ready for icing just before Christmas ... you will have to wait until then to see the finished product ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment