Tuesday 27 November 2012

Chipotle Chicken Pizza

I love saturdays ... it means I have time to think about what I want for dinner, get ahead of the game and "pootle" round my kitchen slowly!! 


My lovely man had been out at church all day serving at a wedding so I wanted to do him something I knew he would really love for when he got in. 

That's where the home-made pizza came in ... pizza is his favourite thing. Normally we have shop bought as we both work full time. But home-made is just the best. So much better for you and you can control the ingredients so you know what's in it and you can definitely knock off a few hundred calories off the numbers on a shop bought pizza which to be honest are just scary. 

So then it came to choosing flavours ... I wanted chicken and I wanted flavour. 
I had a bottle of Chipotle Sauce kicking around in the fridge so I marinated 2 chicken breasts and whacked them in the over for 35 mins on 200 degrees. Once cooked, I then shredded the chicken into small pieces. 

I did buy the packet pizza dough, but it's so nice and fairly low cal so I always cheat with the pizza dough. So I made that up as per the instructions and let it prove for a few minutes to rise. 

I used tomato puree as the base and spread probably about a tablespoon on to the dough. 
I then threw my chipotle chicken on top and added rings of red onion and sweetcorn (I used a small red onion and about 2 tablespoons of sweetcorn - but really you can put as much or as little on as you want). 

I covered it all with a handful of mature cheddar cheese, it has a fairly strong flavour so you don't need loads and loads. 

It was utterly delicious and the perfect feast for a Saturday night in front of the rugby. 


No comments:

Post a Comment