Friday 18 March 2011

pink apple slaw

I went to a friends house for dinner the other night and she made an amazing homemade slaw, I decided to try and make my own and decided to add apple as i'd heard that was good in a slaw. I love red cabbage and will always use it instead of white or green cabbage if possible! hence the pinkness.


It took me about 10 mins to do ad then was ready to go and i made enough for about 4-6 people depending how big a portion your planning on doing as a side.

I used 1 apple and 2 onions but i think less onion and more apple would be better so i've adjusted the recipe for you guys.

Ingredients:
4 carrots
1 onion
100g red cabbage
2 apples

Blitz this in the food processor, i did mine into very small chunks but if you have more of a shredder setting that would leave you longer chunks.

Mix together in a bowl and all I added to this was 95g of mayo, 2 tsp Lemon juice and salt and pepper.

As you can see the colour is incredible ... the kids might even eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment