Saturday 5 March 2011

the best brunch ...

Don't you just love lazy saturday mornings when you can just chill out and enjoy being in the kitchen. This morning, sat with my coffee at the kitchen table, I was wondering what I should do with the left over bacon and the fresh eggs from my brothers chickens. It was the perfect opportunity to try bacon and egg cups! they turned out to be the perfect lazy breakfast, easy to make, and perfect for two, or for all the family. The following recipe makes 6 cups.



Ingredients:
6 slices of bacon
6 slices of bread
a handful of grated cheese
3 eggs
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to: 200 degrees//gas mark six
Cook bacon for a few minutes on either side in a frying pan.
Whilst you are doing this grease 6 holes of a muffin tray with oil.
Cut out 6 rounds of bread with a cookie cutter (just larger than muffin holes)
Push a round of bread into each cookie hole.
Wrap bacon around the edge tuck it behind bread to keep it in place. (I keep the fattiest side up to get it all crispy)
Drop a small amount of cheese on top of bread.
Crack eggs into the holes. I shared one egg between two cups, as one was two much. Use the shell to break the yoke as you tip the egg in, to get yolk and white in each.

I cooked mine for about 15 mins in the end until the bacon was crispy, but it depends how you like your eggs cooked, (I like mine well done) so keep your eye on them.

There really easy to pop out of the tray, just stick a knife down the side and voila. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. they are delicious, but my baking tin hasn't been the same since.

    ReplyDelete